Saturday, June 17, 2017

Gnome

Its been a while i don't touch any linux machine and i miss it. Work forced me to use Windows 10. It's a nice operating system but i'm not fond of it.

So i browse the distrowatch.com and list some of the distro. I want to try Gnome desktop environtment, and i pick Debian -again. During the installation it request a wifi driver, and i'm too lazy to fix it. >_<

So i download another distro and voila

Ubuntu ! >:D

Suprisingly its a nice distro, despite a crash just after initial login.

And, going from Debian to Ubuntu, i just have to be a little patience since it feels less snappy than Debian -or maybe just my illusion.

And my other hdd is just there. no need to edit /etc/fstab or whatever.

Software updater instead of apt-get update apt-get upgrade :)

And yes, of course my cpu-fan is less noisy than when i'm on Windows





Well, got to go and see ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment